THE THIRD ANNUAL COMPETE@CONNECT
Take the challenge! Present your compelling solution about a public sector IT dilemma. Competitors are allotted three minutes and one slide to present their solution to a panel of industry expert judges and an audience of 500+ peers and decision makers. Compete@Connect is open to BC government employees only.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Build brand and product awareness across the public sector
- Network with potential customers, users and decision makers
- Pitch and receive feedback from an executive audience
LAST YEAR’S WINNING SOLUTION
Sherri Kain, Planning and Performance Advisor, CSD, took home both the judges and audience vote for her “One Employer, One Employee Experience” solution! Her pitch was to provide a single transaction that allows for employees to maintain access to basic IT services (IDIR, Outlook and personal drive) when moving to a new job within the government.
- Please submit your business dilemma by October 18, 2017. Email OCIOConnect@gov.bc.ca with a brief summary of the IT dilemma and your solution.
- Compete@Connect will be held at the Victoria Conference Centre on October 25, 2017, as part of OCIO Connect 2017
- An optional (highly recommended) pre-competition coaching session will be held October 25th, 2017 from 12:30 – 1:30 pm in the Lecture Hall. Take this opportunity to connect with last year’s winner, Sherri Kain and do a dry run of your presentation on stage. Get the inside scoop on how to bring your presentation to the next level and work out any timing issues.
- Competitors must present in person, video submissions will not be accepted
Compete@Connect is Fierce Fun Only. No contracts will be awarded.