On behalf of the OCIO Connect Team, we thank you for making the conference a great success again this year. Your attendance and valuable feedback will help to shape future OCIO Connect events. If you haven’t had a chance to take the post-conference survey we encourage you to do so by clicking here. The survey will remain open until October 14, 2016.
TOP 5 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS
- The second annual Compete @ Connect brought forward six competitors this year. The pitches were dynamic and thought-provoking. The winner in BOTH the People’s Choice and Judge’s Choice was Sherri Kain from MTICS!
- The inaugural Connect Hackathon drew three teams with facilitators from PwC, IBM and Gartner Canada Co. After an action-packed day the teams presented their business solutions at the conference where attendees could vote on their favourite outcome. The Gartner Canada Co. Team took the win! Congratulations to: Steven Brown – FNHA, Kim Zinke – AGRI, Cate Martin – MTICS, David Handysides – FIN, Ritchie Hughes – HLTH, and Ashraf Mohammed – FNHA.
- Rollout of the Industry Intelligence Program – The Province has entered into a five-year supply arrangement with Forrester Research Incorporated, Gartner Canada Co. and IDC Canada. These agreements make it possible for the Province and broader public sector entities to procure industry intelligence services.
- Rollout of the OCIO Strategy 2016 – The OCIO Strategy 2016 is intended to guide and support IT investment planning across government. It’s about enabling digital services, maximizing value from our IT investments, operating a secure IT infrastructure, and enabling our workforce to accomplish our shared goals.
- Approximately 600 conference attendees took time out of their busy schedules to attend thought-provoking sessions, network with colleagues and contribute to the continued success of the OCIO Connect Conference.